Procurement, Sourcing and Supply Chain Challenges during Covid-19
Andy and Christophe discuss the challenges procurement faces during Covid-19. From re-thinking strategic contracts to dealing with supply disruption, and whether remote working is still effective at a time when the procurement function needs a more important seat at the executive management table.
This episode is filled with important question for the procurement professional:
- How organisations are dealing with suppliers issues, product availability, shortages and delays, transportation and logistics disruptions, price increases?
- Is working from home as efficient and effective as working from within an organisations when dealing with a crisis such as Covid-19?
- Shall organisations work together to develop local manufacturing and know-how capabilities to overcome overseas supply challenges?
- Is the notion of strategically addressing a transparent and extended supply chain finally gain the traction it deserves?
- Are we finally realising than price savings is just not enough, but rather ensure that suppliers earn additional profit to support buyers in time of crisis? And instead work together to eliminate costs?
- How have suppliers’ contracts been adjusted with Covid-19? and who pays for it?
- Is dealing with one or two main suppliers to achieve economy of scale still working? or would this approach be too risky in time of crisis?
Those are some of the questions that need to be addressed, and perhaps a Procurement Strategy and Procurement Plan is no longer enough to plan ahead, a 3rd element might be necessary: Procurement Crisis Management & Strategy need to be planned and simulated.
For further information about the content discussed in this Procurement Podcast episode and how it could be relevant within your organisation, please feel free to reach out to Andy Franks or Christophe Barriere-Varju.
Should you wish to discuss any of these questions in upcoming Procurement Podcasts, please do get in touch.
About the Procurement Podcast
This episode is brought to you by the Procurement Podcast, with Andy Franks (BrightSky ClearMind) and Christophe Barriere-Varju (BvW Global), two passionate Procurement Consultant Professionals.
Think your colleagues might be interested? Please share this Procurement Podcast!